This is a DIRECT HIRE position
About Our Client
Our client is a Fortune 500 and CRN Solution Provider 500 technology company that provides services that leverage the business value of IT. They do this by providing digital, cloud, workforce and supply chain solutions and services that help their clients manage information technology. By utilizing IT strategy, design, implementation and management services, they help businesses to innovate and optimize their operations.
Our client operates globally in multiple countries with over $6 billion in revenue and over eight thousand employees. They’re headquarters have been ranked as one of the top ten places to work and they’ve received multiple technology awards by some of the best-known technology companies in the world, including Microsoft, IBM, Intel and Dell.
About the Position
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Java Architect for their global search engine team. You will help to build a large-scale, multi-continent search engine using modern tools and frameworks. You will also be providing technical oversight to project teams and providing expertise in the development of cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes while offering technology vision and direction.
Requirements of the Position
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering (Master Degree Preferred)
- Extensive experience designing, architecting, developing, implementing and supporting large-scale, highly critical enterprise applications
- 7+ years’ experience using Java for designing and developing mission critical, highly complex applications.
- Well versed in networking, threading, locks, and caching
- Experienced with Spring-based technologies (Spring Boot etc.), or any other DI framework
- Knowlede of REST/JSON and/or SOAP/XML web services, experience in interface design
- Expert understanding of systems and infrastructure, including CPU-RAM interaction, stack memory, heap memory, disk and processes with the knowledge of how to optimize and scale them
- Search Engine Experience utilizing Elastic Search, SOLR, Lucene, or other document-store technologies
- Experience with Azure or other cloud-based technology platforms
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices solutions
- Experienced in using application analysis tools to propose optimizations for applications
- Understanding and use of Software standards and best practices in your work product
- Excellent communication across the enterprise and with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- Business acumen to communicate with executive-level stakeholders
- Experience with Apache Kafka, JMS technologies, gRPC, Hessian, JPA/Hibernate, JBOSS, Zookeeper, Linkerd (not a requirement, but experience with any would be highly desired)
- Experience building visualization using ELK stack is desired, but not a requirement
- Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Exposure to ERP systems, such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics is desired