3 Month Contract-to-Hire Position
100% Remote Work Option
The Azure Cloud Engineer will be responsible for providing support for cloud migration and ongoing maintenance. Responsibilities include assisting with the migration to the Azure platform, migrating users to and managing Office 365, migrating Windows servers to the cloud and managing user access through Azure Active Directory, cloud identity and access management integration, security, availability and performance monitoring, capacity management, configuration, patching, vulnerability and risk management and security compliance.
To be successful in this role, you must be highly experienced in the following areas: Cloud service administration, cloud migration, cloud storage, cloud networking, Azure Active Directory, and security controls related to the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 10+ years of corporate IT experience with 7+ years in a systems administration capacity
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with cloud administration and automation
- Azure Certification (Administrator, Developer or Architect) is desired
- Experienced and highly proficient in the administration of Office 365, SAML 2.0 / Single Sign On / Azure AD, Windows Server Administration, Multi Factor Authentication / DUO
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services)
- Experienced and highly proficient working with Azure Active Directory, Azure Managed Service Identity and Azure Security Token Service
- Experience provisioning user accounts and role-based policies for access to Azure services, Azure Identity Management services and SAML 2.0
- Experience with Azure Security Center, Log Analytics and Azure Automation Solutions is a plus
- Experience operating and managing Azure cloud environments including Web Apps, VMs, Azure Functions, Azure Tables and Azure SQL is desired
- Understanding of RESTful Http services would be helpful
- Experience with VMWare VSphere and CentOS Linux Administration is desired, but not required
- Knowledge of HIPAA is a plus
- Experience in the healthcare sector is a plus
- Support the full lifecycle of solutions development, cloud applications and cloud services management, from business program needs analysis and environment assessment, through design, test, migration, and ongoing maintenance.
- Build and maintain web, virtual, and client server environments and ensure their availability
- Support deployment projects and provide technical expertise in resolving technical problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT service issues related to operating systems and servers
- Partner with the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues
- Implement and maintain a business systems impact assessment to prioritize system recovery steps in the event of systems failure
- Ongoing research, evaluation, and application of emerging technologies in support of the business
- Management of applications with Azure AD is essential to the responsibilities. All client applications, including SaaS applications are being migrated to work under Azure AD
- Azure Administration Expertise. Able and comfortable administering new applications being built on the Azure platform is essential.