Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
About the Company
Our client designs, manufactures and sells high-end leather goods, including luggage, briefcases and other business and electronic cases and accessories, wallets, handbags, etc.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, they also offer high-end health insurance plans, matching 401k and other perks that show their appreciation for the people they employ.
The company is also socially involved and helps their employees and the community with things such as free child care, English lessons, marriage counseling and many other socially conscience efforts.
About Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
Because of the high elevation and latitude, Leon has amazing year-round weather. There are about 1,800,000 people and it boasts VIP movie theaters, water parks and, get this, great Mexican restaurants. While Mexico does have social issues it’s dealing with, Leon is one of the safest areas in the country.
Characteristics Company Seeks in their Employees
What’s the Company Like?
- Fun loving / Laughs easily
- Kind / Friendly / Empathetic / Respectful
- Cares about others / Team Player / Eager to help
- Disciplined / Self-motivated / Hard worker
- Open to change / Flexible
- Creative / Unique
- Passionate about their work
- Integrity / Wants to do the right thing / Concerned about quality
- Customer service oriented
- Learner / Teachable
- Embraces challenges
- We support each other for work issues and also for personal issues
- We get a lot done, unstoppable, efficient
- Low stress
- A big family
- We’re encouraged to offer our unique qualities and our best talents and contribute in a collaborative instead of competitive atmosphere
- We strive to help each other get better and grow
- Quality / Excellence (product, ourselves, our work)
- Caring for people / Compassion / Generosity
- Great Service
- Relationships / Supporting each other / Family / Team work / Respect
- Moral values
- Honesty / Transparency / Authenticity
- Fun / Adventure
Our client has asked us to help them find a General Manager - Manufacturing, for their factory in Leon, Mexico. They’re looking for someone with great manufacturing, financial reporting and leadership experience, but who also shares their compassion for people; someone who will be in agreement with their mission, vision and values. The right person will be able to balance the finance, data and technical needs of the business with the varied needs of the employees. If you want to make a difference in people’s lives and have a bigger vision for business and the impact it can have on employees and their families, this may be the career move you’ve been longing for.
Why work for our client?
- Great People - a great team to work with who care about each other and people in general
- Work that Matters – Our client is a socially minded company with a bigger purpose beyond manufacturing goods. The company has a passion for those who come into their path and their aim is to impact the world through their people and their profits. Their work is bigger than the bottom line, it’s about helping people and making an impact in their lives.
- Culture and the values that drive it are key.
- Benefits are available for local or non-local hires and include an expat package for non-local hires.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Organizational or Finance
- Leadership experience and acumen
- Experience managing P&L with a financial mindset
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or the Toyota Production System is desired
- Proven track record of caring for employees and others
- Ability to travel between Dallas, TX and Mexico
- Day-to-Day responsibilities of plant operations, including manufacturing, profit and loss, etc.
- Ability and willingness to undertake meaningful ways of changing the way business is conducted in Mexico and changing the way employees think about life